Hoeden, D (2017). „Verletzungen und Schmerzen im Langdistanztriathlon : Zusammenhänge zwischen trainingsbezogenen Risikofaktoren und häufigen Beschwerdebildern bei Langdistanztriathleten und -athletinnen“ Dissertation, Karl-Franzens-Universität Graz.
– Slide-presentation: Overview of common dietary supplements in Long Distance Triathlon
– Poster: Frequent pain and injuries among long distance triathletes and their potential risk factors
– Poster: Achillodynia in long distance triathletes a retrospective survey among 1158 female and male athletes
ONLINE STUDY - Research questions
- What are the most common injuries in long-distance triathlon or triathlon in general? Which injuries are common in each of the three disciplines of swimming, cycling and running? Based on these results, the following question arises: Can the risk factors for the occurrence of injuries be determined and, if so, what are they?
- Can differences, in terms of injuries and their associated risk factors, be found in the various triathlon distances?
- Are there injury-related differences between triathlon, and long-distance triathlon in particular, and the individual disciplines of swimming, cycling and running? How or do the injury patterns for triathlon swimming, cycling and running differ from those for isolated swimming, cycling and running?
- There are two more key questions concerning injury occurrence of triathlon injury,either within (long-distance) triathlon, or within its component disciplines of swimming, cycling and running:
- Do gender differences occur?
- Are there any differences between the performance classes?
This study has already ended, but you look at the online study, here. It had the following priorities:
- Intrinsic Factors: General Information, Anthropometry (Questions 1-14) Size, mass, nationality, anatomical abnormalities, split times, number of years participating in triathlon, number of triathlon events per year …
- Extrinsic Factors: Exercise Habits (Question 15-57)
Number of training hours / kilometres and stability / balancing training in each discipline, regeneration measures, individually adapted training equipment …
- Supplements (Question 58-63)
What micronutrients and what dosage, reasons for taking them, recommended by whom …
- Injuries (Question 64-87)
Comparison of injuries before and after triathlon training, classification by type (i.e. traumatic, atraumatic/ overuse) and severity (acute, chronic, acutely chronic), as well as grouping by complaint type, discipline, treatment methods, regeneration times, etc…
ONLINE STUDY - RESULTS
ONLINE STUDY - CONCLUSIO
Schwimmen-Erlernen bei Kindern - Status Quo
Kleine Zeitung Ausgabe: 08/2019
Schwimmtraining im Winter – PRO/CONTRA
Finisher Ausgabe: 07/2013, Heft Nr. 48/Dezember 2013, S.32/33
Triathlon Science, ITU Congress in Magglingen
Finisher Ausgabe: 02/2013, Heft Nr. 43/April 2013, S.10/11
Verletzungen im Triathlon; Wo es zwickt und schmerzt
triathlon training 2013/tt36/S.24
Nahrungergänzung; Für viele Triathleten selbstverständlich
triathlon training 2013/tt38/S.20
Warum Eisenmänner brechen?
Finisher Ausgabe: 02/2012, Heft Nr. 34/Februar 2012, S.16/17
Warum Eisenmänner brechen? 2.0
Finisher Ausgabe: 02/2012, Heft Nr. 36 Mai/ 2012, S.6/7
The world´s triathlon elite met in Cascais / Portugal for the Global Triathlon Conference from 31st August to 01st September 2017. Physicians, scientists and top coaches in the field of multi-sport presented their latest findings in both lectures and discussions. This was also the year that our fluidlife boss MMag. Dr. David Höden, was one […]
From 26.-29. July the triathlon research team was, with two presentations, at the 18th Annual Congress of the EUROPEAN COLLEGE OF SPORT SCIENCE in Barcelona. This round was completed in conjunction with the Triathlon expert and coaching colleague Sebastien Heider from St. Pölten. Three thousand active participants from all over the world presented new findings […]
From 7 to 9 February, the cream de la crème of triathlon met at the 2nd ITU Science and Triathlon World Conference in Magglingen, in the Swiss Olympic training centre. The Triathlon Research team, with two poster presentations and a lecture, was Austria´s only active representative. The relaxed, informal atmosphere- that quickly made the fine […]