– The Physiology of Triathlon
– Triathlon injuries
– Training monitoring and training diaries
– Injuries and Pain in Long Distance Triathlon – Correlation between training-related risk factors and frequent discomforts among long distance triathletes
– Slide-presentation: Overview of common dietary supplements in Long Distance Triathlon
– Poster: Frequent pain and injuries among long distance triathletes and their potential risk factors
– Poster: Achillodynia in long distance triathletes a retrospective survey among 1158 female and male athletes
– Two cases of Desmoplastic Fibroma of the spine: case report and review of literature
ONLINE STUDY - Research questions
- What are the most common injuries in long-distance triathlon or triathlon in general? Which injuries are common in each of the three disciplines of swimming, cycling and running? Based on these results, the following question arises: Can the risk factors for the occurrence of injuries be determined and, if so, what are they?
- Can differences, in terms of injuries and their associated risk factors, be found in the various triathlon distances?
- Are there injury-related differences between triathlon, and long-distance triathlon in particular, and the individual disciplines of swimming, cycling and running? How or do the injury patterns for triathlon swimming, cycling and running differ from those for isolated swimming, cycling and running?
- There are two more key questions concerning injury occurrence of triathlon injury,either within (long-distance) triathlon, or within its component disciplines of swimming, cycling and running:
- Do gender differences occur?
- Are there any differences between the performance classes?
This study has already ended, but you look at the online study, here. It had the following priorities:
- Intrinsic Factors: General Information, Anthropometry (Questions 1-14) Size, mass, nationality, anatomical abnormalities, split times, number of years participating in triathlon, number of triathlon events per year …
- Extrinsic Factors: Exercise Habits (Question 15-57)
Number of training hours / kilometres and stability / balancing training in each discipline, regeneration measures, individually adapted training equipment …
- Supplements (Question 58-63)
What micronutrients and what dosage, reasons for taking them, recommended by whom …
- Injuries (Question 64-87)
Comparison of injuries before and after triathlon training, classification by type (i.e. traumatic, atraumatic/ overuse) and severity (acute, chronic, acutely chronic), as well as grouping by complaint type, discipline, treatment methods, regeneration times, etc…